- Much more energy efficient than CFL bulbs (saving around 85% on lighting bulbs).
- No mercury content.
- They do not flicker so do not cause Migraines or Epilepsy.
- They have a 35000 hour lifetime before you have to replace them!
- Full brightness instantly.
- Can work with dimmer switches (must state dimmable in the item description).
- Compact in size.
- Last up to 35 times longer than standard light bulbs.
EDs do not produce any UV (ultraviolet) or IR (infra red) radiation and therefore can be used to light paintings or precious surfaces without causing any fading.
Colour Temperature - Warm White or Cool White?
Colour temperature is measured in Kelvin units, the higher the rating the Whiter the bulb.
Auraglow bulbs tend to be manufactured in two different temperatures, 6000k producing cool white and 3000k producing warm white.
Warm white is the best alternative for replacing halogen bulbs because they emit a warmer glow similar to halogen lights.
Cool white bulbs produce a light very similar to daylight and are often preferred in bathrooms as they make illuminated objects appear more crisp. Cool white bulbs appear brighter than the warm white versions.
If you require further information or advice give us a call on 01708 691 123 and a member of the team will be happy to assist.